The Honey Pots Day Nursery Facilities
Our Facilities Include:
- Excellent security measures including colour high definition CCTV and Finger Print Entrance System (Optional). Parents/Guardians are also required to comply with our password policy. Telephone amendments of those responsible carers collecting a child on our parent’s behalf are asked for the password submitted on registration plus photo identification (preferably a driving licence). Any visitors to nursery are required to complete the visitors book detailing name, contact details, vehicle registration (if arrived in a vehicle) and their reason for their visit. Visitors, staff and parents are also asked to refrain from using their mobile phones within nursery as a matter of safeguarding. When children are being collected, parents/guardians are asked to sign their child out of our care.
- The outside play provision at Burton offers both soft surface and Astro Turf lawn with seated sheltered area. Great for all year round use. Extensive equipment has been purposefully installed such as sensory boxes, musical features, grow boxes and talking flowers. The equipment provided outside is also varied on a daily basis, including sand/water play, bikes, trikes, cars, pushchairs, balls, hoops, play parachute, balancing and large building materials. All in one jump suits are provided for children at times when the weather is miserable....super for snow play!!
- The outside play provision at Swadlincote is suitably equipped for all ages and abilities. There is also a continuously developing all seasonal gardening area for the children. The outside play area is equipped with similar resources to Burton.
- Structured Free Flow system is operated at allocated times; this is when the children are able to choose not only the equipment they would like to play with but what area, whether it be indoors or outdoors play. It goes without saying at times of free flow play/outside play, the gates are securely locked. Parents are required to use the bells to draw attention to their presence.
- Well balanced and nutritious home cooked meals and snacks are provided, promoting a healthy option. We are happy to cater for children with cultural or dietary requirements, all of which are commended by the Local Environment Department. Menus are rotated four weekly and seasonal preferences will be evident. At meals times, children are encouraged to wash their hands prior to eating and resume good table manners. Key person's will work in partnership with parents preferences in regards to feeding our babies as babies tend to be fed on demand. All children have access to water at all times. If you prefer your child to have diluted juice, we ask you to label and provide.
- All staff are fully qualified nursery nurses (NNEB, Level 3 equivalent) and CRB checked with relevant references sought. Our nursery nurses are given a thorough induction over a period of a week which includes information sharing, policies and procedures and general overview of our high expectations of fulfilling their role. Inductions are always completed by a senior member of the management team.
- In addition, the nursery is committed to continuous staff training, therefore keeping staff knowledge and skills up to date. As part of Honey Pots employment criteria, all staff must also ascertain Paediatric First Aid, Food Safety and Child Protection Level 1 which are all replenished every three years.
- We comply with the requirements of the EYFS offering structured learning, development and care for all children from birth. We emphasise on children learning through enjoyment and play. Each child is unique and each child will have their own interests, their own pace for learning and each child will have their own set of achievements and milestones.
- Key persons maintain personal recordings on each child in the form of an assessment file. The assessment file is to monitor and track each child’s development and achievements which is sectioned into seven areas of learning which are: Personal & Social Development, Communication and Language, Literacy, Maths, Understanding of the World, Physical Development, Expressive Arts & Design. We undertake daily observations on individual children which inform each room’s planning and provide activities for each child to learn and progress.
- We believe in and actively encourage and promote our Partnership with Parents, sharing information and offering an open door policy in which parents can see how their child is progressing at any time throughout each session. Information is also shared via parents evening, newsletters, daily diaries for babies and tiny tots and information boards throughout the nursery along with our Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Opportunities are given for the children and parents to attend specially arranged outings. This gives the children opportunities, not only of having more fun whilst in our care, but also the opportunity to learn about knowledge and understanding of the world.
- During the warmer months, babies/tiny tots are taken out in pushchairs, often visiting the local amenities such as the park, libraries and pet shop.
- Special diary dates are arranged, such as fun days, toddle walks, Christmas parties and themed dress-up days.
- A child’s birthday is celebrated with a special cake. The Birthday Babe will be presented with a card and small gift.